We are actively seeking to expand our team of tutors. People with an interesting learning history who are organised, energetic, curious, and motivated to continue to learn and develop their practice are strongly encouraged to apply. University students are encouraged to apply – tutoring with our team will be a challenging and rewarding experience, full of personal and professional growth that will enhance any future career.
We interview personable people with strong interests in their own learning and the learning of others. You must be able to connect well with people, and can reflect on your tutoring practice. You may be working in a specialised field, or just love to know lots of stuff but can’t find a way to turn that into an income.
We have three types of tutors at Brave HQ, distinguished by achieving our unique mastery criteria:
- Newbie in delivering a one-to-one tutoring. You may have tutored your sibling or a friend a few times.
- Some skills with secondary and/or primary school students with simple support requirements.
- Prepared to receive intensive supervision from senior tutors and psychologists.
- Are currently enrolled in university undergraduate studies relevant to subject area of tuition provided.
- Minimum of one year regular one-to-one tutoring experience with at least 10 students. You have kind of figured out your groove.
- Developing skills with secondary and/or primary school students with a range of needs.
- Developing knowledge of specialist intervention programs for primary and secondary students.
- Participate in regular supervision from senior tutors and psychologists, and engage in self-development and learning.
- Have completed university undergraduate studies, or equivalent.
- Minimum experience equivalent to five years full-time one-to-one tutoring.
- Advanced skills:
- assisting all ages of students with a wide range of needs,
- delivering specialist intervention programs for both remediation and extension, and
- providing career and educational counselling in relation to future goals.
- Engagement in ongoing extensive skill development.
- Participate in regular supervision from psychologists.
- Completion of, or enrolment in, university post-graduate studies.
- Work experience and/or continued involvement in societies relating to their field of interest.
- Completion of Mental Health First Aid for young people.
- Comprehensive knowledge of study tools and technology needed for advanced learning.
- Provide tuition for GAMSAT or other highly specialised subject area.